Last updated on February 20th, 2018 at 03:37 pm
Why should you purchase American furniture? We all know that today’s economy is a global economy. Many of the household items you purchase are often made in other areas of the world. This practice can wreak havoc on the American economy, which is why many shoppers are interested in purchasing furniture and other household goods that proudly claim to be made in America. But why is this practice a good investment for you?
Purchasing furniture that is made in the U.S. offers many benefits:
- It supports both your local and the national economy by providing jobs that may keep your family members, friends and neighbors employed.
- When people are employed they are more likely to avoid housing tragedies, such as foreclosure, which affect the value of neighboring properties.
- Employers are able to provide benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans that will reduce the amount of taxes necessary to cover these items.
- American companies often provide better quality control over their products, ensuring that you get your money’s worth and receive a well-made piece of furniture.
- There are many talented craftsmen and artists in the U.S. that can design and produce beautiful pieces that you will be proud to display in your home, especially knowing that they came from your own home state or a neighboring state.
There is no doubt that many beautiful items are imported from countries such as Italy or Thailand, but Hickory Furniture Mart also has many vendors and manufacturers that proudly sell furniture, lighting and home accessories made right here in the U.S. Buying American goods is an investment in your future and will help secure jobs and buying power for generations to come.