Welcome to Hickory Furniture Mart. We look forward to your future visit with us and understand that the process of purchasing new furniture may be somewhat overwhelming for many. That is why we are here to walk you through every step of the way and answer any questions you may have prior to your arrival. We want your furniture shopping experience to be relaxing and enjoyable so please let us know how we are able to help you in any way prior to, during and after your visit.
How The Mart Serves Its Customers
Once you arrive at the Mart, you will be greeted by one of our experienced guest services representatives. They are dedicated to helping you make the most of your time while you are here. You will receive a map of the building, which outlines where each retail showroom is located and which manufacturers are represented inside each retailer’s space (view all stores in the Mart here). Our guest representatives personally walk through our showrooms weekly so they have the knowledge of where everything is located and they are able to share this with you. They also keep a resource guide at each reception desk which breaks down products offered in the building by specific categories and styles. This helps in assisting our customers find exactly what they are looking for within the building.
View all stores
How The Building Is Laid Out
At first glance, the Mart might seem a bit intimidating, but rest assured once you are here for a short period of time you will quickly find the easiest way to maneuver around the building. The Mart is separated into four different levels (1,2,3, and 4) and four different sections of the building (north, south, east and west). The guest services representative who greets you will mark on your map which level and entrance you entered through, making it easier to remember where you parked when you are ready to leave for the day. Some visitors prefer to walk through the building by levels and others by sections. There is no right or wrong way to experience the Mart. Just remember that the guest services representatives are always available to assist you throughout your entire visit in addition to all of the sale associates throughout the building.
View a map of each level:
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
What Type Of Visitors Are You?
Visitors from the Carolinas understand just how fortunate they are to have access to such a large and diverse furniture and design resource right at their fingertips. Our close proximity to so many popular metropolitan areas, makes it very convenient for local visitors to travel to the Mart for just an hour or for a complete day to purchase one item or furniture for their entire home. So many people in our region have been born and raised with furniture in their blood so local visitors are accustomed to the high level of quality craftsmanship that is prevalent in this area and represented by so many local and regional manufacturers within the building.
The Mart is a true furniture destination that attracts visitors from every US state. The majority of visitors who travel to Hickory from different states often prefer to stay 2-4 days to make sure they have enough time to see everything there is to offer. For the convenience of our out of state visitors, we have partnered with several favorite hotel brands to offer discounted furniture shopper rates and Shop & Stay packages for everyone visiting the Mart. If you are traveling by air, the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is usually the best option due to its close proximity, multiple carriers and flights. It is approximately a 45 minute drive from the airport to the Mart. For those needing transportation to and from the airport, usually the best options are renting a car at the airport, scheduling a regional shuttle service (Hickory Hop) or reserving a town car or limo service (Action Limo) in advance. There is also the option of utilizing any ride sharing services that may be recommended onsite at the airport.
We have had the pleasure of welcoming international visitors from multiple countries and our designers have helped furnish some of the most beautiful homes around the world. We understand how important it is for our international visitors to have one main point of contact prior to arrival in order to organize all of the logistics of their trip. We are happy to help answer any questions you may have and help you make arrangements for your overnight accommodations at any of our partner hotels. Our seasoned designers speak Arabic, English, Farsi, French and Spanish and are available to work with you either onsite or remotely if you are not able to make the trip over. We are also happy to assist you in making transportation arrangements to and from any or our regional airports in addition to working collectively with our international freight forwarder partner to address all of your shipping needs. If you are traveling by air, the Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is usually the best option due to its close proximity and multiple carriers offering international flights. It is approximately a 45 minute drive from the airport to the Mart. For all international visitors, please contact Tracey Trimble directly at email@example.com to assist in making all of your arrangements through one main point of contact. You can also check out our International Visitors page for more information.
How To Prepare For Your Visit
- The best way to prepare for your visit is to spend some time in advance looking through our online product catalogs and our digital buying guide magazine. This will help you narrow down some of your favorite styles and selections before you arrive.
- If you plan to spend multiple days at the Mart, it is best to set up your hotel reservations in advance at one of our hotel partners offering discount furniture shopper rates and special Shop & Stay packages.
- Our Furniture Stores page will help you get started. You will find a listing of each custom order store and factory outlet along with all of their contact information, including links to their websites and catalogs.
- It may help to look over the Mart’s floorplan in advance so you are able to familiarize yourself with the layout of the building before you get here. Once you arrive, our guest services representative will provide you with a floorplan to take with you.
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Most customers ask about the best way to walk through the building. Some prefer looking through everything one level at a time, while others prefer to tackle it by each section. There is no right or wrong way to experience the Mart. To see a list of all the frequently asked questions go here.
- Most showrooms offer complimentary design services on products purchased within their showrooms. Designing Women also offers dedicated onsite design services with experienced professional interior designers. They are able to assist you throughout the entire building in every showroom. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment and learning more about the design services they offer, please visit www.designingwomenofnc.com.
- Most showrooms require a deposit at the time your order is placed and the balance is due when the furniture arrives. All payments must be made in full before shipment will be scheduled to your home. Before you leave the Mart, your sales associates will work together to consolidate all of the purchases you made throughout the building. Just make sure you pick up a consolidated shipping form at any entrance desk or within any showroom, fill it out and leave it with the sales associate where you purchased the majority of your furniture. More purchasing information here.
- If you have any specific questions that could not be answered from our website, or would like help in planning your next trip to the Mart, please contact us for more information.
Other Helpful Resources
- Make sure you check our Events page to schedule your next trip during one of our major sale events.
- We offer several special discount programs for our customers, including our Designer Appreciation Program, Military Appreciation Program and Disaster Relief Program. Click here for program details and eligibility requirements.
- Hickory Furniture Mart gift certificates are perfect for any occasion and are valid at any one showroom or a combination of several...Great for weddings, birthdays, Mother’s Day, showers, house warming, anniversaries, holidays, or “just because”. We now accept gift certificate payments by certified check, money order and most major US credit cards. Gift certificates may be purchased in any increment and are valid for one year from the purchase date.
- Use our room planner tool to help you design your favorite room or your entire home. All from the comfort of home computer. Click here to get started.
- Customers love being able to customize their furniture from the ground up. The Mart offers thousands of resources for customizing anything in home furnishings you desire.
- If you will be traveling with your children, there are several area children’s activities near the Mart. Please check with our guest services representatives at any desk and they will provide you with a list of these activities.
- Familiarize yourself with some of the most common industry terms prior to your visit. View our glossary of terms.
We truly look forward to your future visit with us. Remember we are here to help you find exactly what you need and answer any questions you may have prior to, during and after your visit. If you would like to receive a complimentary buying guide magazine or sign up as a preferred Hickory Furniture Mart customer, you’ll receive educational newsletters and special alerts in advance about upcoming sales and promotions. Please email us with any future requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.