Last updated on February 7th, 2018 at 02:59 pm
If you think recliners are large bulky pieces of furniture covered in hideous brown leather nothing could be further from the truth. Manufacturers of recliners understand the consumer’s need for furniture that is space-saving and offers a stylish appearance.
The recliner of today has features your grandfather never even imagined. Such as:
- Perhaps the best feature is the need for just inches of space. No more marks on the wall or chairs pulled so far from the wall that they looked awkward in the room.
- Styles range from mid-century modern to traditional skirted models. Fabric can be as luxurious as you like. Choose from chenille, velvet, suede, leather or durable microfiber that coordinates with your other fabrics.
- Gone is the big plastic handle that reclined the chair. Today’s chairs feature sleek contemporary hardware that is hardly visible and can be fitted for the left or right hand.
- For those requiring a little extra help, recliners are available with a lift feature. This provides comfort and independence for many people by making it possible to get out of the chair without assistance.
- If you need a little massage after a hard day at work or play, recliners offer that as well. Customize your chair with multiple massage motors that just might make it your favorite spot in the house.
- A recliner can not only recline, it can also rock and glide, making it very versatile.
With all these additional comfort features and stylish choices, the recliner just might become Mom’s favorite chair in the house, too.