Last updated on February 2nd, 2018 at 02:44 pm
There are few pieces of furniture as versatile and functional as a set of nesting tables. What is a nesting table? It is a set of two or three tables that are identical in design but fit one on top of the other. This makes it possible to slide them underneath each other to save space or to separate the set and use it throughout the room.
Nesting tables come in a variety of styles and finishes to compliment any design style.
- Wood, of course, is available in stains that range from deep, dark ebony to rich mahogany. Lighter finishes such as pine and oak are also easy to find.
- Painted furniture is very popular right now and nesting tables are a great way to introduce a subtle color and/or pattern to your room. You can choose whimsical designs featuring flowers or seashells, for example, to use in a specific room such as a sunroom or casual living space.
- Metal nesting tables offer the function of an end table with the modern addition of metal legs and/or top. This is a nice addition to a room filled with wood furniture. Metal finishes include nickel, stainless, brass and rubbed bronze.
- Glass is always a popular choice. They practically disappear but still provide a spot to set a cup of coffee or display some collectibles. This is a nice option for a room that is limited in space.
- Unique shapes and finishes add a touch of personality to your rooms. Consider a set of nesting tables in the shape of books or perhaps a leather covered set of tables detailed with nailhead trim.
Place these tables at the end of a couch or next to a chair for use as an end table. Use them in a bedroom as a small bedside table. They can also provide additional space next to a desk or work area. Sometimes it’s the smallest items that bring us the greatest delight and nesting tables definitely fall into this category.