Last updated on February 1st, 2018 at 12:45 pm
When the lazy days of summer arrive, you will want to throw open your doors and windows and invite the sunshine and warm breezes into your home. Here are five summer decorating idea to freshen up your interior spaces:
- Open up your doors and windows. Remove heavy draperies, if possible, and replace with lightweight sheers or linen panels. You can easily dress up a pair of off-the-rack panels by sewing a strip of coordinating fabric to the leading edge of the draperies or along the hem, or add some fun fringe for color and texture. Be sure to clean the windows; you don’t want all of winter’s dirt and grime to show.
- Let the beauty of your wood or glass tabletops show through. Replace those tired old tablecloths with a pretty runner, or add some woven seagrass placemats for some fun texture.
- Throw pillows are an easy summer fix. Remove all your old pillows and add fun colors, textures and patterns. For a beach theme, use ocean motifs such as coral and shells. If the mountains are more your style, choose summer plaids and fun fringe. Don’t be stuffy, have fun with this project!
- Take a weekend or two to liven up the painting in your home. Be brave and paint your powder room a trendy turquoise blue or your breakfast room a cheerful yellow.
- Take a look at all the family photos you are displaying. If they are old and dated replace them with photos of past summer vacations, swim parties and camping trips. You might also want to replace the frames with ones that feature colorful cabana stripes, tropical floral patterns or luscious summer colors.
There are many ways to bring the feel of summer into your home. Let your imagination be your guide in finding more ways to enjoy the relaxing days of summer.