Last updated on February 1st, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Channel the streets of Marrakesh with its vibrant colors, intriguing architecture and lively interior designs. Even if you have only dreamed of traveling to Morocco, it is easy to create a Moroccan look and feel in your own home by applying these five elements of eastern design.
- Color: Moroccan colors are earthy and spicy. Think of the golden saffron sun, turquoise blue waters, paprika red and curry brown that define the region.
- Brass: Shiny brass elements are found in small details like hinges on cupboards and chests as well as in larger objects such as candlesticks, tables, trays, lanterns and pots.
- Rugs: Colorful woven rugs are a must. Layer rugs over and under each other for a true Moroccan feel.
- Fabrics: Beautiful embroidered cotton and linen fabrics add a handmade element to your decorating. These fabrics can be used in window treatments, bedding, accent pillows, throws, and upholstery. Or make your fabrics sparkle and shine by seeking out fabrics with small mirrors embroidered into their patterns.
- Tile: Install tile with ancient Moorish designs in your flooring, table tops, fireplace surrounds, and countertops.
Won’t be taking a Mediterranean vacation this summer? Don’t fret. Follow these design tips and you can take a getaway to Morocco without actually traveling at all.