Last updated on May 3rd, 2017 at 04:27 pm
Many of us have less to spend this year on furniture and accessories, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun finding that perfect piece to complete our look. It just means shopping smarter, at discount living room furniture outlets or taking advantage of promotions and sales events at first line showrooms. Decorating on a budget can be an adventure.
• Only choose what you love. If a piece of furniture, wall art or decorative objects doesn’t make you smile and make your heart beat a little faster, leave it behind. With so many choices available you never have to settle for something that doesn’t speak to your inner designer.
• Given a choice, pick one “wow” piece that may cost a bit more, rather than several things that are less than perfect for your design.
• Always think timelessness. On a budget, it’s even more important to select classic pieces that will stand the test of time. Sofas, chairs and tables should be able to be used from season to season and year to year.
• Update your living room furniture with budget friendly throw pillows and area rugs. They can instantly give new life to a space.
• Use small amounts of luxury fabrics that you just can’t live without—pillows and throws should do the trick.