Hickory Furniture Mart is dedicated to making your furniture shopping experience as pleasant and efficient as possible. We know how overwhelming the process of buying quality home furnishings can be and we are committed to providing you with the best resources available. Hickory Furniture Mart has been in the same location for over 50 years and we are considered to be the nation’s most trusted home furnishings resource around. So, let us provide you with some general purchasing information to help you get started. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us for more information.
Paying for Your Purchases
Most factory outlets, stores and galleries at the Mart require a deposit of one-third to one-half the total purchase price at the time an order is placed. The balance is due when the furniture is delivered. All Mart stores accept personal checks, including out-of-state checks, most accept major credit cards, and some offer financing.
What You Need to Know About Shipping
We understand how important it is to make sure that your purchases arrive safely to your home. You may choose to ship your purchases on your own, or we will be happy to help arrange shipment for you. There is a separate charge for this service, based on total weight and shipping destination. The sales staff inside each showroom will be able to help you coordinate all of your shipping needs before you even leave the Mart. They will be able to provide you estimated shipping rates to your final destination and will also coordinate shipping your furniture to your home through one of their consolidated shipping partners.
If You're Consolidating
Each showroom will have a consolidated shipping form available for you to use. Your sales person will be able to provide this form to you. Fill out the form and add each purchase from each showroom so that all of your purchase information is listed together on one form. Turn this form in to the salesperson where you purchased the majority of your furniture from during your visit.
In the event that you require storage of your merchandise for a specific period of time, a storage fee will be incurred. This fee will be incurred each month and be based on a minimum of $50.00 or 3-5% of the total purchase price.
Please note that any one-piece items weighing in excess of 350 pounds will require a third person for your delivery. The expense of providing the additional labor will be the responsibility of the customer. Additional help may also be needed to get extra-heavy pieces upstairs or through narrow turns. Please let your salesperson and your assigned carrier know in advance if this applies to you.
Before It's Shipped
Once your furniture is ready for shipment, it will be released to carrier.
Please follow these guidelines in order to make the shipping process more efficient:
1. When you are contacted by the carrier regarding your final delivery date, please double-check that all of the information they are providing you is correct, including your address and the list of items scheduled for delivery (especially if you have multiple purchases).
2. If you are going to be unavailable to accept delivery for an extended period of time, please inform your showroom sales person and your carrier in order to arrange storage of your items until you return and are available to accept delivery.
3. Please make sure that all old furniture is removed from the rooms where the new furniture is scheduled to be set up before your final delivery date.
4. Please inspect all furniture thoroughly upon receipt. If you have any problems, you must refuse the piece (or pieces) and make a notation on the bill of lading of any damage identified. You must allow the carrier to return the furniture. After the furniture is returned, it will be inspected as soon as possible. Repairs will be made by a professional repair service and merchandise will be restored back to factory standards. Every effort will be made to expedite the return of the furniture to you
5. Please have cash, cashier's check, certified check or money order for the amount of your freight charges ready upon delivery. The carrier will give you this amount when they call you with your scheduled final delivery date and time.